Tuesday 2 June 2009

ZipCar Comes to the Rescue

My 2002 Prius can not be beat for the daily ride. I regularly 40-45 mpg, saves me hundreds of dollars each year in gas. This has a number of PEP, so that the road is very easy to drive. And its amazing turning radius and compact dimensions make it a dream to park either the mall or on a city street.

However, given its compact size (seats four comfortably, five only if the person in the back half meters short), is not the vehicle that you voluntarily collect his daughter - and everything - from the University Challenge, recently .

Fortunately, I am a member of Zipcar, the car that you can rent cars by the hour or day. Zipcar, whose motto is "Anytime wheels", is gaining in popularity because it is based on a car so cheap in comparison to have a. According to estimates by the Company, the owner of the car as the Ford Fusion will cost nearly $ 800 a month, once in the car, insurance, vehicle registration, gas, maintenance, new tires, and other associated costs. Although much (if not every day), you can pay less than $ 322 a month with a zip-car. You can register for 50 U.S. dollars per year

With my zippy members can rent a Honda for 7 hours I needed for my daughter from school. Just reserved my car one day earlier, went two blocks from my area and found the car clean and ready to go. Swipe my membership in a scanner in the windshield. The car door opened, and found the key in the ignition. I was out, simple as pie, a little more than $ 11/hr.

I chose the Honda Element in a variety of other options, as the most space for the largest amount of fuel. It took me about 242 miles on one tank of gas for an average fuel consumption of around 22 mpg - not as good as the Ford Escape hybrid SUV (which is not an option, either in Zipcar or any of the conventional car rental I have), but better than most conventional SUVs. I filled the tank of gas with the gas card in the glove compartment, so it's not me.

Interested? If you live here or here to go to school, you can rent a Zipcar. If your city is not listed, the company by e-mail and let them know that you would like Zip. They are opening new locations all the time - maybe you can go to their neighborhood. You can also search for "ride sharing" on the Internet Options in other companies can offer in your community.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

Like Us